From the earliest times, people have sought to understand the nature of life. We instinctively want to know how our bodies work, how we are born, how we grow and develop, what happens when we die etc. The Department of Kriya Sareera deals with such normal functioning of human body in detail. The underlying goal of Kriya Sareera is to explain the fundamental mechanisms that operate in a living organism and how they interact.
Besides satisfying a natural curiosity about how humans function, the study of Kriya Sareera is of central importance in medicine and related health sciences, as it underpins advances in our understanding of disease and our ability to treat it more effectively. The ability of a student to practice Ayurveda in future highly depends on his/her training in understanding Kriya Sareera.
Amenities Of Department Of Kriya Sareera
The Department Of Kriya Sareera in Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College has a well equipped practical hall with facilities to provide hands on training to the students in the most practical way possible. Here the students are exposed to various aspects of Ayurvedic and contemporary physiology. The students are encouraged to do self study and presentations. Other amenities of the Department include:
. An extensive and comprehensive library containing 75 books
. Demonstration of Modern and Ayurveda Physiology through the display of 141 charts
. A well equipped accessory lab to understand and practice human experiments including ECG, Spirometry, Treadmill, Snellen's chart etc.
. A well designed lab equipped with all the necessities to understand and practice blood and urine experiments.
Activities done by Department of KriyaSareera
In-house activities done by Department of Kriya Sareera:
1. Organized National level Re-orientation Training Programme for Teachers in Kriya Sareera in association with Rashtreeya
Ayurveda Vidya Peeth from 22th - 27th November,2010
2. Conducted a Seminar on Dosha- Dhatu- Mala on 3rd June, 2015
3. Conducting an assessment of Deha Prakriti in patients of Vaiyaratnam Ayurveda Hospital yearly with the association of
First Year BAMS Students.
4. Conducting an assessment of Deha Sara in patients of Vaiyaratnam Ayurveda Hospital yearly with the association of
First Year BAMS Students.
5. Conducting Guest Lecture talks on relevant Kriya Sareera topics by eminent personalities.
6. Conducted several webinars on fundamentals of Kriya Sareera with eminent faculties as resource persons.
7. Conducted “Mano mitram: - a tele counseling program for individuals under quarantine during COVID-19.
8. Dr Amrutha Elamon attended Virtual O.P in connection with COVID 19 in Vaidyartanam Ayurveda Hospital
9. Dr Amrutha Elamon attended Ayur Raksha O.P in connection with COVID 19 in Vaidyartanam Ayurveda Hospital
10. Conducted poster making competition for All Kerala BAMS students on the topic ‘Loka Purusha Samya”
Activities done Outside campus by Department of Kriya Sareera:
a. Conducted an awareness of Blood Pressure and examination of Blood Pressure of the Public who attended 'Oushada Kerala' - an initiative of
Kerala Government from 12th - 16th December 2013.
b. Conducted estimation of Blood groups of the public who attended Oushada Kerala' - an initiative of Kerala Government from 12th - 16th
c. Conducted an ECG examination of Public in connection with World heart Day from 29th - 30th September 2014.
d. Proposed a project for issuing health card including body weight, height, BMI, Blood group, Prakriti and its guidelines to the students of a
higher secondary school nearby the institution.
e. Conducted a study on the topic “An observational study to assess stress among Ayurveda practitioners during COVID -19 pandemic”
f. Conducted outreach program “Niramaya” to spread awareness among society regarding ahara viharas in preventing COVID-19.
g. Submitted a proposal to AYUSH in association with Kaya Chikilsa department on a study of “ Agasthya rasayana in prevention of COVID 19
among COVID Warriors”
h. Submitted several research proposals to DAME for sanctioning various research studies.
International presentations done by faculties
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a paper on " Descriptive study to develop a tool for the clinical evaluation of status of Ojas" in International
Ayush Conclave Kerala in February 2019.
2) Paper submitted by Dr Amrutha Elamon was accepted to be presented in the International conference conducted by Chinmaya
Viswavidyapeedom on human Development and Indian Knowledge tradition on 17/12/2019
International publications done by faculties
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon published an article on "Review article on understanding hridroga and its scope in Ayurveda" in International journal of
research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy (ISSN number 2229-3566)
2) Dr Amrutha Elamon published an article on “A critical view on mental health and quality of life in the current scenario” in International
Journal of Applied Ayurveda Research (ISSN number – 2347-6363)
3) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew and Dr Amrutha Elamon published an article on “ An observational study to assess stress among Ayurveda practitioners
during COVID -19” in International journal of research
National level presentations done by faculties
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a paper on “Role of fluid dynamics in cerebro vascular diseases” in AYURPRAYAANAM 2016 National seminar
on Cerebrovascular disease.
2) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a poster on “Agni-Ojas-Manas axis in life style diseases”in VAJRA 2016 International ayurveda conclave
organized by Vaidyaratnamoushadhasalain association with ministry of AYUSH Govt of India.
3) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a paper on “An observational study to assess the status of Ojas in individuals having Diabetes mellitus” in
RAJATHA 2017 National seminar on endocrinology &ayurveda-exploring new horizons.
4) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a paper on “Role of Ayurveda in the management of mentally challenged children” in the national seminar
conducted by AMAI state conference 2018
5) Dr Amrutha Elamon presented a paper in 26th National Semianr conducted by Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidhyapeeth in Delhi on 23rd March 2021 on
the topic “Low back pain: A pragmatic plan for Ayurvedic intervention for the accomplishment of sustainable development goal”
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon compiled and submitted a portion on special senses to be included under the text book of paramedical course to be
published by DAME
National Seminars attended by faculties
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended 15th Sastramadhanam, a national seminar on Ayurveda - Garbhopacharam and Balopacharam from 19th - 21st
2) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended National webinar Jeevaneeyam 2021 -Ayurveda Perspective of Immunity & Covid-19 conducted on February
24th and 25th of 2021 by Department of Kriyasareera, Government Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram
3) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended Versatility of Ayurvedic Physiology” -A National Webinar Organized by Department of Kriya Sharir by G J Patel
Institute of Ayurvedic studies Gujrat on 06-Nov-2020.
Refresher courses and training programs attended by faculties
1) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew participated in the State level Refresher course on Prakriti and Genomics - Ayanam 2018 sponsored by Dept of Ayush,
Dept of Kerala and organized by Dept of Kriya sareeram, GAVC, TVM on 5th and 6th October 2018.
2) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew participated as a delegate in the training program on Principles and practice of Immunology in Ayurveda sponsored by
Dept of Ayush, Govt of Kerala and conducted by Dept of Kriya sareera, GAVC, Tripunithura on 15th and 16th November, 2018.
3) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew participated in the orientation program on Student Counseling conducted by KUHS on 23rd October 2019.
4) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended a syllabus discussion and module preparation workshop from 7/11/2019 – 8/11/2019 for para medical students in
Govt. Ayurveda College, Trivandrum. Got assigned to edit the Kriya sareera portions of the initial draft of the textbook to be published by
DAME regarding the paramedical course.
5) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended Training Program for Master Trainers on Standardized Prakriti Assessment Sacle and Ayur Prakriti portal
imparted by CCRAS which was organized by VPSV Ayurveda College, Kottackal from 7/3/2020 – 9/3/2020. Dr Amrutha Elamon was declared
as a master trainer on Ayur Prakriti web portal.
6) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended and qualified the exam of one week STTP on Recent trends in Research Methodology organised by REST Society
for Research International (RSRI) from 25th May 2020 to 29 th May 2020.
7) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended and qualified the exam of one week STTP on Statistical Analysis organised by REST Society for Research
International (RSRI) from 1st June 2020 to 7th June 2020.
8) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew and Dr Amrutha Elamon has attended National Teachers Training Program conducted by CCIM from 21st –
23rd January 2021.
Workshops attended by faculties
1) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended Vaikhari - A workshop on Teaching Methodology on 5th and 6th March 2018 at Govt. Ayurveda College, Kannur
2) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended a workshop on teaching methodology on 9th March by Dr S Sankar Medical Educationist at Govt Ayurveda
Certificate courses attended by faculties
1. Dr Bindu Mary Mathew attended a certificate program in Health Care Counseling(CHCC) in 2018 (1st batch)
2. Dr Amrutha Elamon attended certificate course on Research Methodology conducted by School of Fundamental Research under KUHS
Medical camp attended by faculties
1) Dr Bindu Mary Mathew participated in the medical camp conducted by Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur in connection with flood disaster
at Puthur Panchayath 17th ward on 24th August 2018.
2) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended a medical camp conducted by Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur in Parappukkara on 27/9/2019
3) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended a medical camp conducted by Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur in Kodannur on 3/11/2019
4) Dr Amrutha Elamon attended a medical camp conducted by Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur in Kodungallur on 14/2/2020
© 2021 Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College. All rights reserved.